Details regarding the 2018 Aktion Club Convention are now available. Please...more
The Ohio Kiwanis Family consists of more than 20,000 men, women, and children serving in Kiwanis, Circle K, Key, Builders, K Kids, and Aktion clubs throughout the State of Ohio. What do we have in common? We are all dedicated to serving our communities and the world. We hope you enjoy this look at our organization and we hope you agree that serving others is the most worthwhile activity any of us could possibly undertake. We invite you to take a closer look at us by joining us at a local meeting or service project. Simply go to the About Kiwanis section in the menu on the left side of the page to find a club in your area. Fill out the Member Interest Form and we will contact you with more information about Kiwanis International.
Message from the District Governor
Welcome to the Ohio District of Kiwanis International website.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time. Service is the key component of the Kiwanis Family experience, and in Ohio this service is carried out through approximately 200 Kiwanis Clubs and over 7,000 adult Kiwanis members within our District. Kiwanis is assisted in service by their Service Leadership Programs (SLP’s), which include Circle K at the college level, Key Club at the High School level, Builders Club at the middle school level, K-Kids at the Elementary level and Aktion Clubs for Adults living with disabilities. Kiwanis Clubs are encouraged to survey the needs of their local communities and to provide service to help meet those needs. As different communities have different needs, Kiwanis service may look different from club to club and community to community. Likewise there are multiple club meeting formats from traditional weekly meetings to online club, with various clubs in-between. This allows clubs to better meet the needs of their communities and members. Ohio Kiwanis is proud to be entering its 100th year of service in Ohio.
Ohio’s First Family Project this year is Feeding Ohio’s Children which will encourage Clubs to participate in a Foodpack Program providing children with food for weekends when away from school, and the food that is provided there for them. Please see this web-site for more information.
Study after study shows that volunteering with an organization like Kiwanis does more than make people feel good, examples are:
- Volunteering enhances social networks, which buffer people against stress and disease, and eases pressure on health systems.
- Volunteering improves mental health and contributes to higher levels of happiness, self-esteem, self-worth and life satisfaction.
- Service organizations help to galvanize communities in times of need.
- Service organizations contribute to economic growth through community investment.
- States with higher volunteer rates are more likely to have lower mortality rates and less incidence of heart disease.
- Volunteering develops life skills and leadership abilities and can lead to employment opportunities.
- Volunteering helps increase awareness and understanding of public issues.
- Students who participate in community service learning tend to do better in school and are more likely to become future voters.
- Service learning helps grow understanding of diverse cultures and communities, and binds people through shared experiences.
Thank you for visiting the Ohio Kiwanis website. If you have any questions or would like additional information about Kiwanis in Ohio please contact our District office at 614-848-5000 or via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also visit Ohio District Kiwanis on Facebook.
Yours in Kiwanis Service,
Dan Litzinger, Governor
Ohio District of Kiwanis International
What if you could save a baby's life?
With The Eliminate Project, you can. Maternal and neonatal tetanus (MNT) kills one baby every nine minutes. But three doses of a 60-cent vaccine can protect mothers and babies. Kiwanis and UNICEF have joined forces to bring this vaccine to 38 countries, eliminating MNT from the face of the Earth. What can you do right now? Learn about MNT and advocate for the cause. Participate in our fundraisers. Over the next few years, the work we do will change the world. Find out more at www.TheEliminateProject.org.